Sunday, November 16

the messenger

One of my friends is a History major, and we threw him a themed surprise birthday party. We all dressed as historical figures, and I was Joan of Arc.

I drew inspiration from a WWI-era advertisement... Historical, no?


A peplummed jacket served as my armor. I want to further incorporate this into my everyday wardrobe.



vintage Norma Kamali jacket, AA dress, J. Crew headband

My boyfriend was a painter... He was supposed to be Van Gogh, but we were in such a rush to get to the party that we forgot to put band-aids on his ear, haha. Also, Van Gogh is Dutch, not French, so the beret is not appropriate. Perhaps he's actually Delacroix? Well, we tried.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg I love his outfit, so funny hahahahaha. You look ok too but he is just soooooooo cute omgomgomg.

-kthxbye

Andie said...

i like your top :)

cavaan said...

bahahahahaha, you look amazing, i love it how he's a painter, but if he had a blazer on he'd be a school boy. cute as.

but the brush... that makes my day.

yiqin; said...

Hahh you all look so adorable! Painter & joan of arc?! Hahaha

Blair said...

Your outfit was perrfect!

I love that WWI advertisement as well, it's got charm, non? :)

<3