Sunday, August 24

crew-zin'

WHOA. Who knew that J. Crew had a designer line? I always knew they had bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses, but they also have some higher-end stuff on their website.

From what I can tell, J. Crew's definition of "high end" is sequins and beading. They're selling a sequined jacket for $3,000 and a beaded cardigan for $2,800. I think that's a little much, especially for a non-premier label. Even so, there are a couple pieces that I like quite a bit and seem worth the price.


Washed-leather Claudette jacket: I still have a hard time grasping the concept of a short-sleeved jacket. When would I wear this sort of thing? I suppose when my shoulders are freezing but my arms are too hot... The leather looks very thin and soft, and I like the cut of the sleeves.


Fontaine dress: I might only like this because it reminds me a lot of my M by MJ prom dress. I love the ruffles and both the pine green and beige-y brown colors. It probably looks better on someone bustier than myself.


Crepe Mimi T-shirt gown: I can't tell if this is meant to be part of J. Crew's wedding collection or what. The train throws me off. I admire the unexpected cut out on the back. I've fantasized about a wardrobe consisting only of cream and black, and this could fit right in.

Do you think the 10% college student discount applies to these items? Hahahaha.

photos from J. Crew -- poor quality their fault, not mine

No comments: