Sunday, August 31

leggy lively

I have yet to watch an episode of Gossip Girl, but from what I hear, the characters on the show are great style inspirations. I don't know if I agree with that statement, especially after coming across these pictures of Blake Lively.


I mean, Blake obviously has nice legs, but something about the way she wears this shirtdress makes me think that she accidentally forgot something in her dressing room... Maybe it's the hem of the shirt that lets me perceive it as a nightgown. I think, with those shoes, this "dress" would have looked awesome tucked into a pair of wide-legged trousers.

I'm a little short for wide-legged trousers myself, so this is my take on the shirt-worn-as-a-dress:

Dad's Gap linen shirt, AA leggings

I'm really in love with the texture of these leggings. They're flashy, but (in perhaps only my mind) not cheap and trashy.



photos from Hollywood Tuna

5 comments:

moded'amour said...

love your leggings !

saray said...

you should watch gossip girl!
this is something that Blake wore not on set - the clothes on set are amazing!

i love those AA leggings!

Shes Dressing Up said...

Your take on the outfit is lovely =]

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

The shirt as dress works nice. The girls of Gossip Girl are much better styled on screen, off screen (like most actresses) they sort of lose it.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Oh! I nearly forgot, the bag you asked about...it's not awfully heavy (the hardware isn't very heavy) but do to the size and thickness of the material it has a good weight to it. Basically: not light, bot not too heavy, just right in my opinion...