Monday, August 18

bring it back

I'm starting to compile lists of things that I'm going to bring back to school in the fall.

My parents send me a monthly allowance to pay for groceries, toiletries, and other supplies I need at school. Most of it this past year went towards clothes, of course. Having some extra cash at my disposal led to buying a lot of SHIT.

NO: bought in LA, not bringing back



KR3W hoodie - A bunch of my male friends in high school either had or were dying for this hoodie. It has a gold foil print all over, and it zips all the way up the hood! Yeah, awesome, I know. I saw it on sale at Active, and I bought it because it was a good deal. Sometimes, boy clothes look cute on girls. This is not one of those times.

Lux shirtdress - It's actually more of an indigo color. There is a new TV commercial for Clean & Clear acne product and one of the girls in it is wearing this same dress. I'm still debating whether this stays in the Bay or not. To bring: acceptable for both day and night; loose, hides fat from all-cereal diet; I don't really care if it gets dirty. To leave: not very cute; requires ironing; dry clean only.

Billabong checker hoodie - I have a habit of buying things just because they're a good deal, not necessarily because I love them. This hoodie retails for $70, but I got it on sale at PacSun for $20. It has strange fur inside the hood, and the bottom of the zipper is poky and irritating. Yes, it fulfills its purpose of keeping me warm, but it's unattractive.

Analog tee - Quote from "Boyz-N-The-Hood" by N.W.A. Good song, not good t-shirt. I got it on Whiskey because it was cheap. Had I bought it in a medium, I could pass it off to the boyfriend. Unfortunate.

YES: purchased over summer, must bring back



AA acid wash v-neck - We've all seen this before. I want the v-necks in every color because they fit me so perfectly. The only thing holding me back is their price, which is a little steep for a girl with a mediocre minimum wage summer job. This organic food store called Mana Foods in Paia, Maui was selling them for $12 each! I don't know how they do it.

Gap white tank - This tank has the most amazing fit ever. The flower applique is not amazing, but it'll pass. It is soft and slinky and I am just in love with it. Another piece that I would buy in multiples.

Esprit wool skirt (secondhand) - I've actually had this skirt in my closet at home for years, but it hasn't fit properly until this year. It's more charcoal grey than black, and I find it to be pretty flattering on my bare legs. Hopefully my tan lasts a while.

Alternative Apparel cardigan - I found this in the clothing section of Mana Foods as well. It's made of a very soft jersey. I like that it's lightweight and can be stuffed easily in my bag, but still has enough substance to keep my arms warm. The color has more purple in it than the photo suggests; it's something like this. Bonus: it's $38 online, but Mana was selling it for $16.25.

I am dreading going through my crates of stuff stored down south. After my parents drop me off at school, they'll probably be bringing half of my wardrobe back with them. The only constant is change.

3 comments:

Georgina M. Hunter R(S) e-Pro said...

Gotta love that Mana Foods in Paia - they have some really good prices on some things.

Aloha from Maui!

emily said...

lol, i love the fact that the first hoodie zips up the hood.

Richel said...

I always buy shit when I go to thrift stores. It's just always so cheap that I can't refuse. I end up giving like 3/4 of my closet to my friends by the end of the year.